There are many quotes out there that try to epitomize the essence of love and the lessons people who have "been there-done that" have learned. I am using some of these quotes to inspire creative date ideas for me and my hubby. Feel free to steal some for stolen moments with your special other.
- True love is not gazing into each others' eyes, but gazing together towards the same future. Go to the top of a lighthouse...and gaze out. Bring a picnic.
- The love game is never called off on account of darkness. Go to Boomers or Dave and Busters and get your love game on.
- Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” Have a board game night, and test your love's ability to stay true to these little nuggets. (Warning: board games can be dangerous for fragile relationships. If this is you, save this for when you two are on more solid ground. I have seen too many relationships ripped at the seams thanks to a hotel on Boardwalk)
- "We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. " Let the moonlight help you see your spouse in a more perfect light by going on a wonderful nighttime kayak. Moonlight kayaking atlanticcoastkayak.com $45
- Love is a game that two can play and both win. Play a game of laser tag or paintball together. You can work up some friendly competition by playing against each other, or on the same team where your love can be your "hero", or you can show him how much but you kick.
- "I'm so in love, every time I look at you my soul gets dizzy." Get your head's as dizzy as your heart by skating round and round in circles (roller-rink or ice-rink). If you go to an ice-rink you can bundle up, have some hot chocolate and even if you live in a warm climate, partake in a good old- fashioned snow fight behind the rink with ice shavings. My hubby and I did this on one of our first dates and even built a mini-igloo.
- "Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own." Keep this in mind as you set up a treasure hunt for your other part. Have it end with a special gift (my husband's favorite are video games, but a naked wife at the end works wonders too) . Make your clues romantic or provocative, they can be through the house or through your city. Write clues on index cards with bows or frills on them.
- "We find rest in those we love, and we provide a resting place in ourselves for those who love us." Reach a place of rest together- high up on a rock climbing wall. Encourage each other, and feel that amazing rush as you achieve something great together.
- The most eloquent silence; that of two mouths meeting in a kiss." Take a bottle of wine, a delicious take out dinner and head to a drive in movie. Kiss, snuggle, eat and be entertained on the cheap-ish.Extra points for romantic movies.
- "Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same. " Go out and leave your relationship's footprints in the sand with some hooves... horse hooves. Horseback riding is adventurous and romantic, and I plan to do this the moment I'm not pregnant anymore. I am especially eager to go horse riding on a beach. Maybe followed by a picnic (have you noticed yet how much I love romantic picnics?).
Love and more love,
Kerry the Momster