Facebook Us

Monday, August 1, 2011

You good girl, you!

How often would you tell your child how awful they are? How well would negative reinforcement work to motivate their behavior to change? Then why do we do it to ourselves? "I am so lazy! I am way too disorganized!I wish I could stay on top of birthdays! I always lose my temper!"

How about"catching" yourself doing something good today!

"I only ate 2 cookies, instead of the bag!"
"I went for a walk, good for me!"
"I played a ballgame with my child"
"I made something creative"
"I put together a healthy meal"


I made this cute decoupage toy storage for my daughter's room which I am celebrating today :). Quite cute, if I d say so, myself!


However big or small, reward yourself for the many achievements it takes to keep lives running smoothly.
"I cannot believe that the purpose of life is to be "happy." I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be compassionate. It is, above all, to matter and to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all."

- Leo C. Rosten

Love and happy, usefulness,
Kerry, the Momster

No comments:

Post a Comment