Facebook Us

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Take it slow, take it easy on me!

Don't let the things that you can't do stump you doing the things that you are able to accomplish. Too often I find myself getting caught up in the "all or nothing" approach. If I can't get the house spotless, then why bother? If I can't get throught the mountain of laundry, then why start? But it's easier to tackle little bits of projects than to face huge mountains, especially when strapped for time and resources and energy (as most Momsters are!).

I have been afraid to tackle my closet since I moved homes a few months ago. I have had tubs of pre-baby clothes to go through, tubs and "out of season" clothes to go through. My jewelry was a beautiful sight for junk collectors, necklaces that were clumped into colorful balls of helpless looking tangles, earrings missing their friends and various hodge-podge items interspersed throughout the box. Then I saw this lovely idea for a cork board jewelry sorter and just happened to have a cork board lying around and some old fabric AND some push pins. The whole process took me about 10 mins and I love it so much! It added instant glamor to my closet and even inspired me to sort through two (yes TWO!!!) tubs of clothes afterwards.




So remember Momsters, don't feel it has to be perfect... Just tackle little bits at a time, because as the turtle knows, slow and steady wins the race!

Love and steadiness,
Kerry, the Momster


No comments:

Post a Comment