Last pregnancy, this was a non-issue. But suddenly these veins are popping up like a spider is creating a colony on my upper thighs. I've been trying to find out why now? why me? and so far this is what I've got:
- Prolonged standing (thank you teaching position)
- Warm weather (ha...in Florida warm is an understatement!)
- Increased pressure on pelvis creating bloody pooling in legs
- Increased blood
- Fatigue (i have been unusually tired this pregnancy)
injections, which possibly work instantly to collapse the vein at a mere $100-$400 a pop. But if you are on a teacher's salary, this is not an option. So what's a blue veined girl to do? First theres the matter of prevention:
- Low impact activity such as walking, yoga, bike riding. Anything to keep that blood circulating well.
- Sleep on your left side so your heart works more.
- Put your feet up whenever possible. Gravity-in yet another way- is not a woman's friend.
- Special pantihose- I know a little granny-ish but docs recommend them to help the blood flow.
May the blood flow be with you!
Kerry, the Momster