Facebook Us

Friday, February 11, 2011

Dairy-free Queen

Yep. Still on the dairy free wagon. Breastfeeding is definately not the land of milk and honey... well maybe honey.Every time but a drop of milk passes my lips, my baby becomes a misery. However I think the lack of dairy is making me a more creative eater. However, recently I've been craving some good old fashioned choc-chip cookies and am also very sad about not being able to get a big box of yummy chocs for the big day of hearts. So I took a trip this week to Whole foods for some un-holy foods; read: junk and chocolate.

So along with my usual tofu, organic meats and sesame seed butter,I found so many delicious dairy free items to gorge on.

  1. Cherrybrook Kitchen Fudge Brownie Mix with Chocolate Chips, Peanut Free!, 16-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)Cherrybrook Kitchen Fudge Brownie Mix with Chocolate Chips, Peanut Free!, 16-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6): I bought this for my birthday as a substitute for my cake.
  2. Home Free Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies 5 Oz. Box (Pack of 6)Home Free Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies 5 Oz. Box (Pack of 6): These are great tasting, but the texture isn't that great. However they are organic, nut free and dairy free.
  3. So Delicious Minis Frozen Dessert, Non-Dairy, Organic, Fudge, 10.98 fl oz, (pack of 6)So Delicious Minis Frozen Dessert, Non-Dairy, Organic, Fudge, 10.98 fl oz, (pack of 6): One of the best finds ever!! My daughter and husband both loved these too, so now after one night I have to go buy more. These ice creams are made with coconut milk and are so tasty! Organic, natural ingredients and dairy free and sweetened with agave which is a much healthier alternative to sugar. I can't wait to go try more by this brand.
  4. Andean Dream Quinoa Cookies Chocolate ChipAnd finally a tasty cookie! Andean Dream Quinoa Cookies Chocolate Chip is gluten-free and dairy free and vegan and has quinoa and TASTY!!! So much so that I will continue eating this cookie even when I'm allowed dairy. 
So, if you are lactose intolerant, or vegan or just creeped out by beverages squeezed from a cow's udder, but still want some chocolate, then do like I do, and buy some of these yummy treats. Now excuse me, I must wipe the chocolate from seeping from my pores.

Love and agave sweetness,
Kerry the Momster


No comments:

Post a Comment