Facebook Us

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Children on the trains. (Traveling with children)

Sorry for my disappearing act, ut I have been out of town on and off for the past month. Hopefully now things are a little more settled and I can get beg to my blogdom.

I am a fan of the travel, but of course don't get to go away half as much as I would enjoy, and even less now that I have 2 children in tow.Traveling with a 3 month old presents its own challenges- particularly when one gets delayed for four hours or layed over till the next morning! So my recent trip to Pennsylvania has made me acutely aware of some essential travel items for moms with infants.

1. A travel bed: KidCo PeaPod Portable Travel Bed - Periwinkle Eddie Bauer Infant Travel BedPeapod is a great one I had for my first child, and this time around I got a foldable crib(Eddie Bauer Infant Travel Bed) from Target for about $30. Both are fantastic for those delayed waits in aiports, or for on the floor in restaurants.

2. A wrap/convertible sweater top: Splendid Women's Jersey Wrap Cardigan,White,Medium This top was fantastic for nursing on the plane or other places in public easily and discreetly. It kept me warm, was comfy for travel and served as a nursing cover up. Plenty of bang for its buck.

3. Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with Shoulder BagMedela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with Shoulder Bag: Easy to travel with, and I could pump easily and carry the milk in the cooler until I could get to a fridge.

4. Munchkin Arm and Hammer Diaper Bag Dispenser, Colors May VaryMunchkin Arm and Hammer Diaper Bag Dispenser, Colors May Vary:  Great for changing stinky diapers on planes, and stashing away the stench until you can get to trash it.

5. BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Original - City BlackBABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Original - City Black: I didn't take my stroller due to space issues in the car, so this baby carrier was a life saver when traveling between gates. It freed up my hands to carry all my carry-ons (because the airlines kindly charge $25 per checked on bag).

So lucky for everyone I am back for a while now!
And if you travel with a baby, trust me on these items.

Love and safe travels,
Kerry the Momster

No comments:

Post a Comment