Facebook Us

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Mommy Makeovers

Being stuck at home this last week with sick kiddos had me feeling rather stir crazy, so I decided to make the best of it by doing a makeover with my daughter. Luckily for me she is a self-proclaimed super "girly girl" and thus always game for my spa antics. I have enjoyed doing at home spa's since my childhood when I would cover myself in mud and put raw eggs in my hair, so it's fun to finally have someone else to share the gooeyness with.


Heres How:


Steam: I filled a basin with hot water and two herbal tea bags (I use rooibos and lavender, but whatever blows your hair back is fine)
Scrub: With our pores nicely opened, next came a homemade scrub that was good enough to eat (really). Mixing honey and sugar until we had a granulated paste.
Mask: After we rinsed of our scrub (well, my daughter mostly licked it off) we got to the messiest part. We mashed together a banana and an avocado, and my daughter loved putting the goop all over my face. We then sat with cucumbers on our eyes for 5 minutes. 


I finished up with a tissue oil for me and regular lotion for the little princess. 

We felt refreshed and sparkly.
For more "at home spa" ideas see Glamour.

Love and lotions,
Kerry the Momster

No comments:

Post a Comment