According to the "liver doctor" one should consume mostly raw veggies and fruit, healthy oils (fish, olive, walnut) but no fats and of course nothing processed. Then from other sites there seems to be a debate as to whether one should eat eggs and good dairy, so I have decided I will eat eggs cooked in olive oil, and only plain greek yogurt.
Here's the plan:
Day 1:(which starts tomorrow)
Lots of water with fresh lemon juice squeezed into it (10-12 glasses)
Liver supplements ( Milk thistle and Bupleurum liver cleanse)
And this in the morning:
* 8 oz all natural cranberry juice
* 56 oz pure water
* ½ tsp cinnamon
* ¼ tsp ginger and nutmeg
* ¾ cup fresh orange juice
* ¼ cup fresh lemmon juice
* SteviaPlus natural sweetener
* Ground flax seed (store in freezer)
Bring the mixture of water and cranberry juice to a soft boil. Combine cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg into a tea ball and steep it in the mixture for 15 minutes. Let it cool, then add orange and lemon juice to the mix. Add SteviaPlus for taste.
At 2 pm I will start the heavier detox, which is recommended only if you intend to stay home and rest the following day.Go here (Method Three) for the full "how to".
You will need:
- Epsom Salts: 4 tablespoons
- Olive Oil: 1/2 cup (4 ounces) Note: Light olive oil can be used but, organic Walnut oil works just as good and has a minimal taste.
- Fresh Pink Grapefruit: 1 large or 2 small, enough to make 2/3 to 3/4 cup of juice - buy an extra one just in case.
- 1-2 large plastic straws to drink the combination with.
- A glass jar that can hold at least a pint.
- Ornithine: 4-8, to help you sleep. A liver cleanse will affect your sleep. Many people find that they do not need this.
So I started to ease into it today, by eating only veggies for dinner and drinking "green" juices (Naked makes yummy ones).
Then sleeeeeep. Nice early bed time!
Love and liver health,
Kerry the momster
PS. Will try let you know the deets from tomorrow if I'm not too dead.