Facebook Us

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Don't mince words, just pies.

I had the good fortune of growing up in South Africa, which was a British Colony and thus was raised with many British traditions that I hope to pass down to my children. One of my favorites this time of year is mince pies. No, these are not meat pies, as many wrongly presume- although those are another of my favorite traditions!- but made with canned fruits, mostly of which are heirloom apples.
We eat them on Christmas morning for breakfast as we open presents, but also pretty much throughout the season. They are a tasty, sweet treat, often sprinkled with confectioner's sugar, and as with most baked goods ( but especially these!) the bought ones just are NOT as good as homemade.


So bring some british into your holiday season with this recipe:

This recipe

and the best mince to use is




Love and tastiness,
Kerry the Momster

No comments:

Post a Comment