Facebook Us

Friday, November 5, 2010

5 little pumpkins

Terrible quality of pics (I took them on my phone), but we made these for my daughter's class party.



  1. Bake: I cheated and bought pre-made choc chip cookie dough which we baked as a big flat piece. 
  2. Cut: The pre-made doughs swell more than regular sugar cookie dough so it's best to bake first, and then cut shapes while the dough is still hot. So we cut pumpkin shapes out of the cooked dough.
  3. Melt: I bought a packet of orange candy pieces from Walmart, and melted in the microwave for 40 seconds, and stirred. Check your pack for instructions.
  4. Ice: I used the melted candy to ice the cookies and then using a knife drew lines in half circles to create the pumpkin effect.
  5. Decorate: My daughter then added green m&m's to the top as the stem, by dabbing the back with a little candy. She also decorated some with orange and brown sprinkles, and a few with smiley faces (not pictured).
 Love and pumpkins,
Kerry, the Momster

  Create a Treat Vanilla Halloween Gingerbread Cookie Decorating KitCookie Monster Dlx Plush - Size: 2TIf You Give a Mouse a Cookie (If You Give...)

No comments:

Post a Comment