Facebook Us

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Project Organize: Step 3

Clean my Closet!

Mark Twain hit the nail on the head when he said "The finest clothing made is a person's skin, but, of course, society demands something more than this."
This is my excuse for having a disgusting number of garments piled in complicated towers in my closet, all in various stages of disorganization. As part of my Project Organization 2011, this was the next stressor in my life that I tackled. I deemed it a most important one as I get dressed every day (well...MOST days) and thus have to look on this craziness constantly. Not a very fun start to a fresh, gleaming day.

Keeping the Neurotic's Notebook's thought in mind, that woman "usually love what they buy, yet hate two-thirds of what is in their closets." I set about trying to first eliminate as many items as I could bear parting with. So after a few hours ( stretched out by constant stops to feed, dress, and entertain my baby) I was left with bags filled and ready for drop offs and pick ups and give aways and sell aways. I posted some on craigslist, donated some to friends and organizations and tossed the rest. Sigh, cathartic!

Next, I decided what would be stored in my closet. We don't have much storage in our condo, so our huge closets end up being the gathering stone for all the various moss around the place. I narrowed my storage decisions down to: out of season clothes, sewing items, fabrics, blankets, and travel gear.

So here is one big organizing project, that you can obviously tell was put off for a VERY long time!

BEFORE:


Beginning the big clean out: I tossed everything out onto the bed and sorted through piles. I found my daughter in the closet too! Didn't even know she was missing...
And AFTER: 


Before

And After: I purchased boxes according to what I needed, sewing, past season, fabrics, blankets, etc.



My perfumes and scarves on display. The jars were too pretty to hide away.





Hope I inspire you to do the same... and if I don't, go watch an episode of hoarders.. it always gets me cleaning!

Love and labels,
Kerry the Momster


No comments:

Post a Comment