Facebook Us

Friday, January 13, 2012

Lets get Happy!!

I began the happiness project this year right alongside my buy nothing year ,mostly because I think they might be directly related to each other, but also just because this is a year I finally feel like changing things that have been bothering me.


My guide is "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin, a woman who spent a year methodically determining what she thought would make her happy and then making efforts each week and month to change it. If you are interested in doing it with me get the book, or visit the website. 
You could also just follow along with me, or even determine what you think would make you happy and just do that, but really resolve to do it!!

January's Resolutions are mostly about getting to a healthier state of mind and physicality in order to kick off the rest of the resolutions. Here they are:

Get more sleep: I have vowed to be in bed by 10:30 every week night
Exercise more: My goal is 3 x week
Toss, restore and organize: I have scheduled 2 thrift store pick ups to inspire me to toss stuff out quicker, and I am going through each room to organize before the end of the month.
Tackle a nagging task: My nagging task is life insurances

Remember whatever your resolutions are, you want to make them something you can measure so that at the end of the month you will be able to determine whether you have achieved your goals or not.

I also purchased (prior to my buy-nothing year) the 5 yr happiness journal, which is a line-a-day journal that you fill out for 5 years. I thought it was such a great way to see your progression of mind, attitude and action through the years. everything is available off the website, or in bookstores.

I would love to know if anyone else is joining me in this endeavor!

Love and luck,
Kerry the Momster


No comments:

Post a Comment