Facebook Us

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Julie and Julia

Since I became a mom, I don't get to watch many movies whilst they are still playing in the theatre. Honestly, the cost of a sitter, coupled with the cost of movies, and the fact that when we finally get a night to ourselves, I would prefer to be looking at my husband and engaging in real conversation all contribute to this fact.

Thus, I only recently saw Julie and Julia, as it was available on my instantly streaming movies on Netflix (one of the best inventions!!). I have had the book sitting on my bedside table for about a year, but had yet to read it, and finally broke down and watched the movie instead.

And it was fabulous! Once you get over the annoying - but true to life- Julia Child's voice, the movies was sweet and inspiring. It may also have had something to do that now, since I am pregnant, I am suddenly what one would consider a "foodie". Whereas before I ate when I was hungry, and otherwise did not think about food, I now find myself craving odd and delicious concoctions at all times of the day. This makes my husband really happy, as he would eat over just about anything else.

The movie follows a woman, who doesn't have much going for her but enjoys cooking. She decides to blog for a year, whilst cooking her way through Julia Child's "Mastering the art of French Cooking". It sounds like nothing much happens, but it left me with warm fuzzies. A good chick-flick. Based on the book by Julie Powell.

Love and entertainment,
Kerry, the Momster

No comments:

Post a Comment