On the other hand I get to celebrate the amazing father my husband has turned out to be. Something you can only hope for, but can never be sure of until the babies arrive to disrupt your life. He takes it all in stride, is very involved and a lot of fun too. My daughter and I will be making him a yummy breakfast in bed, followed by some little prezzies, all whilst wearing a "King for the Day" crown.
We are making bite size french toast, with dipping syrup and a side of berries and cantaloupe and coffee.
(Here's the Recipe):
Yield: MAKES: About 6 servings
- 1 loaf (about 1 lb.) sturdy artisan-style bread
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup low-fat milk (1% or 2%)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preparation1. Cut bread into 1-inch-thick slices. Trim crusts; cut bread into 1-inch cubes. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Add 2 cups bread cubes and mix to saturate.
2. Lightly butter a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan. Place pan over medium-high heat. Lift bread cubes from mixture, shaking off excess liquid. Add cubes to hot pan and cook (adjust heat if necessary), turning as needed, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Keep warm.
3. Repeat to soak and cook remaining cubes. Discard any remaining egg mixture.
- Calories:315 (34% from fat)
- Fat:12g (sat 4.8)
Cindy Bates, Forest Grove, OR, Sunset, SEPTEMBER 2004
Love and memories,
Kerry the Momster