Facebook Us

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Father's Day

Tomorrow is Father's Day. A bittersweet day for me. I lost my Dad 4 years ago to a sudden heart attack. He was 47 yrs old.I wish I could tell him, now that I have my own children, how thankful I am to have had him. He was a fantastic father and would have made a really great granddad.

On the other hand I get to celebrate the amazing father my husband has turned out to be. Something you can only hope for, but can never be sure of until the babies arrive to disrupt your life. He takes it all in stride, is very involved and a lot of fun too. My daughter and I will be making him a yummy breakfast in bed, followed by some little prezzies, all whilst wearing a "King for the Day" crown.

We are making bite size french toast, with dipping syrup and a side of berries and cantaloupe  and coffee.
(Here's the Recipe):

Yield: MAKES: About 6 servings

 

Ingredients

  • 1  loaf (about 1 lb.) sturdy artisan-style bread
  • 6  eggs
  • 1  cup  low-fat milk (1% or 2%)
  • 2  teaspoons  vanilla
  • 1  teaspoon  ground cinnamon

Preparation

1. Cut bread into 1-inch-thick slices. Trim crusts; cut bread into 1-inch cubes. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Add 2 cups bread cubes and mix to saturate.
2. Lightly butter a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan. Place pan over medium-high heat. Lift bread cubes from mixture, shaking off excess liquid. Add cubes to hot pan and cook (adjust heat if necessary), turning as needed, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Keep warm.
3. Repeat to soak and cook remaining cubes. Discard any remaining egg mixture.

Nutritional Information

Calories:315 (34% from fat)
Protein:14g
Fat:12g (sat 4.8)
Carbohydrate:37g
Fiber:2.1g
Sodium:520mg
Cholesterol:224mg
Cindy Bates, Forest Grove, OR, Sunset, SEPTEMBER 2004
 
Love and memories,
Kerry the Momster 

No comments:

Post a Comment